OncoMasTR is a multi-parameter prognostic test for ER-positive, HER2-negative early stage breast cancer patients with up to 3 involved lymph nodes.
The OncoMasTR RT-qPCR test measures the expression of 3 prognostic genes (+ 3 reference genes) and estimates the probability of distant recurrence for breast cancer patients, thereby aiding clinicians in determining the best treatment options for their patients and avoiding the costs and severe side-effects from unwarranted chemotherapy, ultimately improving the quality of life of the patient.
Advantages of OncoMasTR :
Clinically validation study using the TransATAC cohort (n=646)  demonstrated:
- Classification of >55% of LN0 patients in the low risk group, which has <5% risk of distant recurrence (DR)
- Significantly prognostic for patients with LN0 and LN-1 to 3 diseases
- Significantly prognostic for early recurrence (years 0-5) and late recurrence (years 5-10)
- Adds significant prognostic value to clinical information such as Ki67, Nottingham Pognostic Index (NPI) and Clincal Treatment Score (CTS)
Benchmarked against market-leader Oncotype DX Recurrence Score (RS) in an independent study using 403 samples from Irish patients enrolled in the TAILORx trial - OncoMasTR accurately reclassified RS intermediate risk patients:
- Using the TAILORx trial-defined RS risk classification, OncoMasTR Test reclassified 69% of RS intermediate risk patients into low risk, with 7 out of 8 patients who experienced DR reclassified as high risk
- Using the routine clinical RS risk classification, OncoMasTR Test reclassified 57% of RS intermediate risk patients into low risk, with all 5 patients who experienced DR reclassified as high risk
The OncoMasTR Test involves a concise panel of just 3 powerful biomarkers, termed Master Transcriptional Regulators (MTRs) and was validated on standard RT-qPCR instrument – no capital equipment investment required. Furthermore, the OncoMasTR Test was developed in an ISO13485:2016-certified company, is CE-marked and has a robust supply chain.
The OncoMasTR Test is performed locally, so there is no need to send away clinical specimens. It enables a turn-around time from FFPE to results in one day. The OncoMasTR Test offers flexible options of testing one, two or four patients in one run. Lastly, the OncoMasTR Risk Score is calculated via an intuitive and secured web-based OncoMasTR Risk Calculator.
The OncoMasTR Risk Score considers tumour size and lymph node status in addition to its discrete, high information-content 3 MTRs that were shown to regulate biomarkers in other breast cancer prognostic signatures.
 Sestak I. et al. Evaluation of OncoMasTR prognostic signature in postmenopausal women with ER-positive breast cancer. Proceedings from American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2018. Poster presentation. Abstract 553
 Barron S. et al. Comparison of the prognostic performance between OncoMasTR and Oncotype Dx multigene signatures in HR-positive, HER2-negative, lymph node-negative breast cancer. Proceedings from American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2018. Poster presentation. Abstract 553
 Lanigan F. et al. Delineating transcriptional networks of prognostic gene signatures refines treatment recommendations for lymph node-negative breast cancer patients. FEBS, 2015. 282(18): 3455-73.