OncoMasTR is a multi-parameter prognostic test for ER-positive, HER2-negative early stage breast cancer patients with up to 3 involved lymph nodes.
The OncoMasTR RT-qPCR test measures the expression of 3 prognostic genes (+ 3 reference genes) and estimates the probability of distant recurrence for breast cancer patients, thereby aiding clinicians in determining the best treatment options for their patients and avoiding the costs and severe side-effects from unwarranted chemotherapy, ultimately improving the quality of life of the patient.
Advantages of OncoMasTR:
Ease of Use
- Clinically validated on the TransATAC cohort demonstrating:
- Classification of >55% of LN-negative patients in the low risk group, which has <5% risk of distant recurrence
- Significantly prognostic for patients with LN-negative and LN-1 to 3 disease
- Significantly prognostic for early recurrence (years 0-5) and late recurrence (years 5-10)
- Adds significant prognostic value to clinical information such as Ki67, Nottingham Pognostic Index (NPI) and Clincal Treatment Score (CTS)
- Benchmarked against market-leader Oncotype DX in an independent study using 403 samples from Irish patients enrolled in the TAILORx trial - OncoMasTR accurately reclassified Oncotype DX intermediate risk patients:
- A majority were classified to low risk
- But distant recurrences were reclassified to high risk (7 out of 8 distant recurrences when intermediate risk is defined as per TAILORx, and 5 out of 5 distant recurrences when intermediate risk is defined as per clinical use)
Quality and Cost Effectiveness
- The OncoMasTR Test involves a concise panel of just 3 powerful biomarkers (MTRs)
- The OncoMasTR Test uses a standard RT-qPCR instrument – no capital equipment investment required
- The OncoMasTR Test is developed in an ISO13485:2016-certified company and will be CE-marked prior to launch
- The OncoMasTR Test has a robust supply chain
Ease of Use
- The OncoMasTR Test is performed locally – no need to send away clinical specimens
- The OncoMasTR Test enables a turn-around time from FFPE to results in one day
- The OncoMasTR Test offers flexible options: test one, two or four patients in one run
- The OncoMasTR Risk Score is calculated via an intuitive and secured web-based OncoMasTR Risk Calculator
The OncoMasTR Risk Score considers tumour size and lymph node status in addition to its discrete, high information-content 3 Master Transcriptional Regulators that were shown to regulate genes in other breast cancer prognostic signatures.
 Sestak I. et al. Evaluation of OncoMasTR prognostic signature in postmenopausal women with ER-positive breast cancer. Proceedings from American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2018. Poster presentation. Abstract 553
 Barron S. et al. Comparison of the prognostic performance between OncoMasTR and Oncotype Dx multigene signatures in HR-positive, HER2-negative, lymph node-negative breast cancer. Proceedings from American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2018. Poster presentation. Abstract 553
 Lanigan F. et al. Delineating transcriptional networks of prognostic gene signatures refines treatment recommendations for lymph node-negative breast cancer patients. FEBS, 2015. 282(18): 3455-73.